The CAS Institute (iCAS) is pleased to announce its first Predictive Analytics Community of Practice event to be held Monday, March 27, in conjunction with the Casualty Actuarial Society’s Ratemaking and Product Management (RPM) Seminar & Workshops in San Diego, which is being held March 28-29.
The full-day event is designed for advanced practitioners working in the area of predictive analytics/data science, and it will include panels, presentations and roundtable discussions of advanced topics in predictive analytics both within and outside of the insurance fields. This iCAS event is independent of the RPM Seminar and will require a separate registration fee of $150. (Registering for the RPM Seminar is not required to attend the iCAS event; however, those registered for the iCAS event may attend the RPM opening reception for an additional $35.)
The content of the inaugural Predictive Analytics Community of Practice day will include:
- An overview of the new Certified Specialist in Predictive Analytics (CSPA) credential, including its exam process and continuing education requirements.
- Presentations/workshops on specific topics (within and outside of the insurance field).
- Roundtable discussions.
- Networking opportunities.
- Master classes.
Topics currently being considered for the program include:
- Experimental Design.
- Various Modeling Techniques.
- Measuring/Communicating Model Performance.
- Deploying Models and Designing for Implementation.
- Ethics of Predictive Modeling.
If you are an experienced practitioner who is actively doing this work (e.g., an actuary, data scientist either within or outside insurance or a faculty member) and are interested in joining the iCAS Community of Practice event, please email iCAS Director Amy Brener at email@example.com. Attendance will be limited.
While the iCAS Community of Practice event is a separate seminar designed for advanced practitioners, the RPM Seminar will also offer continuing education opportunities in predictive analytics.